I have recently made exercising a priority in my life.
It is not always easy, but with the help of these tips, I have been making great strides in my personal fitness!
- I make sure to set goals that are reasonable to help me stay motivated. I want to walk in a charity 5K at the end of this year, so I am taking small, progressive steps to make myself successful. I keep that goal in a journal and look to it for inspiration when I am feeling down.
Set a Weekly Schedule and Stick to It!
- Every week, I look at my schedule and pick the days I am working out. It can be hard to squeeze in time among school, work, family, and friends, but I pencil in at least two or three times on my calendar and make sure to keep those times for myself.
- I know I struggle sometimes with accountability, so I let my family and friends know my goals. They can provide me with emotional support. Sometimes, they may even join me on a walk or a workout at the gym!
Find What Works for You
- For me, I absolutely adore swimming! It is easy on my body, and I enjoy moving through the water. The key to success is finding what works and pursuing that passion.
Don’t Beat Yourself Up
- HAE is unpredictable, and acute HAE attacks can strike at any time. I have missed workouts from attacks, and it is disappointing and disheartening, but I don’t let it get to me! No matter what, I keep moving forward! And I am always glad I did.
What are your tips and tricks for staying fit with HAE? Leave a comment!