When to use FIRAZYR
With FIRAZYR, you can inject yourself as soon as you recognize the symptoms of an acute HAE attack after training under the guidance of a healthcare professional
FIRAZYR is used to treat acute attacks of hereditary angioedema (HAE) in adults 18 years of age and older. After starting treatment with FIRAZYR, knowing when — and why — to treat your HAE attacks can help you stay on track with the treatment plan you’ve discussed with your doctor. Here’s some helpful information to keep in mind.
Remember: HAE attacks can be debilitating and life-threatening
- Attacks can be unpredictable and can happen at any time without warning.
- There is no way to tell how severe the next attack will be.
Be prepared to treat your attacks by carrying FIRAZYR with you at all times. You can request a travel kit from your OnePath® Patient Support Manager.
Recognize the importance of early treatment
- The US Hereditary Angioedema Association Medical Advisory Board has published a report suggesting that on-demand treatment of attacks is most effective when administered early in the attack.
- These guidelines also recommend that all attacks, regardless of location, should be considered for treatment as soon as they are clearly recognized.
Because HAE attacks are unpredictable, always be ready to treat.
Rely on FIRAZYR when symptoms first appear
FIRAZYR is supplied in a 3-mL, prefilled, single-use syringe and is self-administered under the skin (subcutaneously) in the abdomen or stomach area, after training by a healthcare professional.
- In the pivotal trial (Trial 1), FIRAZYR worked faster than placebo to resolve symptoms.
- FIRAZYR was used to treat acute HAE attacks of the throat in 60 patients. Symptom reduction was similar to results seen for skin and abdominal attacks.
With FIRAZYR, you can inject yourself as soon as you recognize the symptoms of an acute HAE attack.
Remain connected with OnePath® for ongoing product support
When you begin therapy with FIRAZYR through OnePath, a free product support program, you receive a dedicated Patient Support Manager who will work with you to help ensure you have access to your prescribed medication.
- A Patient Support Manager will arrange for a full insurance benefit exploration to help you understand your coverage for FIRAZYR.
- A Patient Access Manager is available to work with you to address insurance or access-related issues.
- OnePath also provides information about financial assistance options, such as the OnePath Co-Pay Assistance Program that helps cover the cost of insurance co-pays for eligible FIRAZYR patients.
Your Patient Support Manager can also arrange for a nurse to come to your home and provide training for injecting FIRAZYR.