When to use firazyr
Self-administer FIRAZYR upon recognition of an HAE attack after you have been trained by a healthcare professional.
FIRAZYR is used to treat acute attacks of hereditary angioedema (HAE) in adults 18 years of age and older. After starting treatment with FIRAZYR, knowing when — and why — to treat your HAE attacks can help you stay on track with the treatment plan you’ve discussed with your doctor. Here’s some helpful information to keep in mind.
Remember: HAE attacks are unpredictable and can be life threatening
- An HAE attack can happen at any time, without warning.
- Early signs of a potential attack may include — but are not limited to — tingling, rash, fatigue, nausea.
- There is no way to tell if an HAE attack will become more severe.
Be prepared to treat your attacks by carrying your FIRAZYR at all times. Use the travel kit you received as part of your Welcome Kit from OnePath®.
Recognize the importance of early treatment
- Leading experts recommend that you treat your attack as soon as symptoms appear, regardless of location on the body.
- Even a seemingly minor attack in your hands or feet can be disfiguring and limit your ability to function normally.
Since HAE attacks can migrate to other parts of your body, always be ready to treat.
Rely on FIRAZYR first, when symptoms appear
- As the only self-administered subcutaneous therapy approved to treat acute attacks in adults 18 years of age or older, you can count on FIRAZYR when you need it.
- In the pivotal trial (Trial 1), FIRAZYR worked faster than placebo to resolve symptoms.
- 9 out of 10 acute attacks were treated with just a single injection of FIRAZYR
- In the controlled trials, efficacy results in patients with throat attacks were similar to those observed for non-throat (cutaneous and abdominal) sites of attacks.
FIRAZYR is ready when you are; no mixing, special handling or refrigeration is needed, so you can treat as soon as symptoms appear.
Remain connected with OnePath® for ongoing product support
Case Managers can help patients:
- Address any insurance or access-related issues
- Stay up-to-date about Shire-sponsored events happening nearby, including meeting others who have HAE and learning about their experiences with FIRAZYR
Reach out to a OnePath Case Manager for product support if you have any questions about accessing your therapy.